they have been spellbound about the ocean, leading to many ocean exploration.
||The ocean is an interconnected mass of saltwater covering 70.78% of the surface of the Earth. Our history has illustrated that ever since mankind existed
Ocean exploration is a part of oceanography (study of the seas and oceans) describing more generally the exploration of the ocean's surface. The major divisions of oceanography include:
- Geological Oceanography – This is the study of the ocean floor and features.
- Physical Oceanography – This is concerned with the physical attributes of the ocean water, such as current and temperature.
- Chemical Oceanography – They focus on the chemistry of ocean waters.
- Marine Biology – they study the ocean's oceanic flora and fauna
- Meteorology – is the study of the interaction between the atmosphere and the ocean.
Phytheas, Herodotus, the Vikings, Vasco da Gama, Ferdinand Magellan, and Christopher Columbus.
|It is also the period when human explored the ocean boundaries. Notable explores came from all over the world including, the Greeks, the Egyptians, the Polynesians, the Phoenicians,
Travel on the surface of the ocean through the use of boats dates back to prehistoric times, but only in modern times has extensive underwater exploration become possible. Scientific investigations began with scientists such as James Cook, Charles Darwin, and Edmund Halley.
||Up until now ocean exploration is made much easier with the invention and development in better sailing ships and submarine equip with various equipment for deep sea exploration and much more.
Have a look at:
Deep Sea Exploration